We are currently seeking Logistics Coordinators to our operations in Nea Kavala and Skaramagas. All our coordinators must commit to minimum 4 months and complete one week of quarantine upon arrival in Greece. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for A Drop in the Ocean´s overall logistics at the location, including sourcing and distribution activities.
- Keeping an overview of needs for supply, and make sure we at all times have what is needed at the location.
- Call for necessary donations and finding suppliers
- Receive donations (unpacking, sorting, labeling, packing)
- Meeting and training of field workers
- Maintenance of security and cleanliness where our supplies are kept
- Sorting of vegetables, clothes, fabric and other items for distribution
- Experience within logistics such as supply chain management as well as warehouse management
- Experience in or knowledge of donation procurement
- Good knowledge of database/spreadsheet management and maintenance
- Service minded, good communication skills and experience with problem solving
- Fluent in English, preferable with knowledge of Greek
- Project management and team leading skills
- Experience from humanitarian work, primarily from areas in crisis is valuable.
- Valid international driver’s license
Application deadline 15 August 2020.
For information regarding requirements and benefits for Coordinators, take a look further down on this page. If you have the right qualifications, please send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the e-mail with “Logistics Coordinator” and your preferred location.
The Coordinator Mentor/Counsellor is responsible for biweekly 1:1 follow up on Coordinators in Greece through Skype. We have at all times approximately 15 Coordinators based in Greece that receive this kind of support from the organisation.
Among the focus areas when being mentor will be Coordinators´ mental and physical health, their well-being, self-care and challenges as field workers. Furthermore time management, prioritization and personal challenges and development are important areas for the follow-up conversations. Background as a psychologist or other healthcare/mentoring roles can be relevant for this volunteer role.
For being considered to this volunteer role, one has to have the following qualifications:
- Experienced / certified coach
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent listener
- Service minded
- Experience with problem solving and advising in challenging situations
- Fluent in English
- Having been field worker with A Drop in the Ocean is an advantage.
Forward your CV and describe your experiences as Coach/Mentor to email@example.com as soon as possible.
We are looking for therapists who have the opportunity to assist from their home as volunteers in the case of debrief conversations with our field workers, either by acute need or after returning from field work. The conversations are held on Skype and it is a prerequisite that you speak English fluently. We believe the following background is relevant for such assignments: police / fire department / paramedic or psychologist / psychiatrist / therapist. It is an advantage with experience from debriefing, crisis situation and meeting with people who are traumatized, burned out or have experienced a very demanding situation.
Kindly send information about yourself, your background and your motivation for such an assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the inquiry «Therapist».