Site Coordinator, Nea Kavala Kilkis, Greece
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Site Coordinator, who will be responsible for A Drop in the Ocean´s (DiH) overall operations at the location of Nea Kavala.
- Responsible for putting forward the regional strategy in line with the current geopolitical and humanitarian situation, and to ensure that it is properly implemented once approved by the DoO.
- Nurture partnerships and maintain strong working relations with other humanitarian actors on the relevant location.
- Mobilizing the material and financial resources required to run the programs properly and supervise their management in collaboration with Head of Programs
- Supervising the financial situation and keeping it in line with the budget
- Coordinating and supervising teams, composed by international and national staff
- Responsible for the safety and security of all DiH staff, assets, and premises under his/her areas of operation
- Preparedness, emergency and evacuation, including managing drills and training
- Monitoring the context and humanitarian needs under his/her areas of responsibility, proposes, designs, and leads assessments and the development of appropriate interventions in coordination with the project coordinator. Leading actively in the mission wide strategy development.
- Representing DiH to IOM, UN agencies, military, camp management, other NGOs, partners, donors and local authorities in coordination with DoO the office representative
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and applying to relevant grants with support of DoO
- Centralizing and disseminating information from/to the area and consolidating the internal and external reporting activities implemented in his/her field of operations before submitting them to the HQ.
- Implementation and follow up of DiH routines in general and for the location
- Presenting project proposals regarding new projects or activities to HoO, and make sure of implementation when approved
- Maintain and fulfill the contents of rental agreement for DiH apartment and warehouse at destination. Follow guidelines for DiH apartments, and reporting in accordance with these
- Responsible for the mail account of the location
- Through activities on social media, contribute to knowledge regarding the organisation´s work at the location
- 6 months minimum as an experienced project/operations manager or/and
- Leadership skills and experience from leading multicultural teams
- Proven ability to work high-paced and complex environments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with problem solving
- Master degree in relevant field
- Experience from humanitarian organizations, field work and volunteer management in particular
- Fluent English skills written and oral, preferable knowledge of the country’s language and the most common language among beneficiaries at the location
The Site Coordinator will be based and work full-time in Nea Kavala (Kilkis-Greece).
All Coordinators with A Drop in the Ocean are travelling on their own responsibility, and must be able to contribute for at least 3 months. The successful candidate will be hired on a Greek contract for six months with the possibility of extension.
A valid driver’s license (Greek/European, valid no less than 2 years) is necessary to be considered as a Coordinator. All field workers of the organisation must be above the age of 25 and have to provide with a valid police certificate.
Insurance including travel and health is mandatory for all field workers travelling from abroad.
If you have the right qualifications and are interested in being considered as our Site Coordinator in Greece, you should be able to start the assignment in beginning of January 2023.
If you live outside of Greece, you have to follow your country´s travel-advise, and take this into consideration before applying (for Visa issues, the successful candidate should contact in advance the Greek Embassy of their country).
Closing date for applications: 16/12/2022
Applications will be short listed on a regular basis.
A Drop in the Ocean/ Stagona does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or genetic information.