We are currently looking for volunteers interesting in contributing to different roles. Below you can read more about our vacant volunteer roles in Greece or in Norway.
Site Coordinator, A Drop in the Ocean, Athens
We are seeking a volunteer Site Coordinator available from 1 March to our operation in Athens where we run various projects in Skaramagas refugee camp as well as distribution to residents of Elefsina refugee camp.
Our Site Coordinator is responsible for A Drop in the Ocean´s overall projects and activities at the location. This also include volunteer staff management, leading team of Coordinators, being in charge of finances, logistics and distribution as well as having an overview of need for donations.
- Training, mentoring and supervision Volunteer Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and Project Coordinator
- Recruiting of volunteer Team Leaders
- Weekly team meetings with Coordinators on site
- Exit conversation with leaving Coordinators and volunteers
- Weekly meetings with Operations Coordinator Greece
- Weekly written report to Head Quarter in Norway
- When required; reports to donors
- Keeping the financial situation at location in line with budget
- On behalf of the organisation, take part in meetings under the direction camp management/Greek authorities/donors/other NGOs etc
- Maintain an overview of available equipment and donations belonging to the organisation
- Through activities on social media, contribute to knowledge regarding the organisation´s work at the location
- In charge of preparedness, safety and security of volunteer members of staff
- Responsible for compliance of HSE and GDPR at the location
- University Education
- Good leadership skills and experience from working with multicultural teams
- Experienced and good references from running and being in charge of operations within the humanitarian sector
- Service minded, good communication skills and experienced with problem solving
- Fluent in English, preferable knowledge of Greek or Arabic
- Project management
All Site Coordinators with A Drop in the Ocean contribute on volunteer basis, and are travelling on their own responsibility, and must be able to contribute for at least 6 months. A Drop in the Ocean cover travel expenses, telephone, rental car and housing. A valid driver’s license is necessary to be considered as a Site Coordinator. The organisation covers personal expenses up to €400 on a monthly basis.
If you have the right qualifications, are interested in being considered as our next Site Coordinator, we would like to receive your letter of motivation including your CV as soon as possible marked “Site Coordinator SKA” to email@example.com. Kindly also state what period you would be available for volunteering.
Need for Medical Personnel to work with Kitrinos Healthcare in Kitrinos Clinic inside Moria
We urgently need nurses, doctors and pharmacists to join our medical work with the Greek NGO Kitrinos Healthcare in their clinic in Moria refugee camp.
- We are in need of personnel from 30. October who can stay for two weeks or more.
- You have to provide a copy of a clean criminal record and proof of medical licence.
- You must be over 25 years of age.
The clinic is located inside Moria camp and offers medical care through a dedicated team of volunteers working together. This team consist of a Kitrions Coordinator, doctors, administrative secretary, translators, nurses, pharmacists and other medical volunteers. Opening hours are from 9.00 to 17.00 every day, and field workers are working 6 – 7 days a week. (Long-term volunteers usually have two days off a week or more when needed).
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sign up here
The Coordinator Mentor/Counsellor is responsible for biweekly 1:1 follow up on Coordinators in Greece through Skype. We have at all times approximately 15 Coordinators based in Greece that receive this kind of support from the organisation.
Among the focus areas when being mentor will be Coordinators´ mental and physical health, their well-being, self-care and challenges as field workers. Furthermore time management, prioritization and personal challenges and development are important areas for the follow-up conversations. Background as a psychologist or other healthcare/mentoring roles can be relevant for this volunteer role.
For being considered to this volunteer role, one has to have the following qualifications:
- Experienced / certified coach
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent listener
- Service minded
- Experience with problem solving and advising in challenging situations
- Fluent in English
- Having been field worker with A Drop in the Ocean is an advantage.
Forward your CV and describe your experiences as Coach/Mentor to email@example.com as soon as possible.
We are looking for therapists who have the opportunity to assist from their home as volunteers in the case of debrief conversations with our field workers, either by acute need or after returning from field work. The conversations are held on Skype and it is a prerequisite that you speak English fluently. We believe the following background is relevant for such assignments: police / fire department / paramedic or psychologist / psychiatrist / therapist. It is an advantage with experience from debriefing, crisis situation and meeting with people who are traumatized, burned out or have experienced a very demanding situation.
Kindly send information about yourself, your background and your motivation for such an assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the inquiry “Therapist”.
English teachers, Skaramagas Athen and Drop Centre Lesvos
To our locations in Athen and Lesvos we are looking for a english teacher or people that are interesting in teaching english. You have to be able to volunteer for minimum 4 weeks. For more information send an e-mail to: email@example.com