Available field assignments
TWO FIELD WORKERS FOR BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA
We are currently seeking two volunteer field workers for our operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, camp Usivak (Sarajevo) and camp Lipa (Bihac).
The two field workers will mainly support a new distribution project in Camp Lipa at the northwest of the country and occasionally support other needs in camp Usivak in Sarajevo. Experience with logistics and warehouse management is preferable, and experience from humanitarian work is important. For more information about our current operations see HERE
You have to be able to start as soon as possible and commit for at least 3 months. A valid driver’s license is necessary to be considered for this position and preferably a van driver’s licence. All field workers of the organisation must be above the age of 25 and have to provide a valid police certificate. Insurance including travel and health is mandatory for all field workers.
Application deadline: 18th October 2021. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Successful candidates will be called for interviews as soon as possible. If you have the preferred background, and can start on a short notice, please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com no later than 18th of October 2021.
VOLUNTEER- AND PROJECT COORDINATOR SARAJEVO
We are looking for a volunteer- and project coordinator for our operations in Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina. In Usivak refugee camp we are currently running computer- and multi media classes, and the plan is to provide more services during the next months. The new coordinator will have the responsibility to follow up on our field workers, including international, local and resident volunteers. Introduction, training and support will also be a part of the tasks. Project management and evaluation related to ongoing projects, as well as developing proposals for new activities will also be among the tasks.
We will look for a candidate who can fulfill the following requirements:
- Fluent in English. Other languages such as Bosnian, Arabic, Farsi or Dari are appreciated.
- Driver’s license (valid in Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Minimum age of 25
- Have strong people management skills and being used to working with people with different backgrounds
- Be comfortable with problem solving
- Have experience from project management
- Be able to commit for minimum 3 months
- Be able to provide a valid police certificate before starting your assignment
- Be able to provide minimum two references from previous professional experiences
- Have a personal insurance including travel and health
- Commitment to, and understanding of DiH aims, values and vision
All DiH coordinators to Bosnia Herzegovina contribute on a voluntary basis but will be eligible for reimbursement of personal expenses, as well as travel expenses, rental car, phone and accommodation. You can learn more about being a coordinators on this page.
If you have any questions about the position please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries and applications should be directed to email@example.com, no later than October 27th