The Site Coordinator is responsible for all DiH activities on site, whilst also serving as our official representative on the island, being the focal point of interaction with camp management and local authorities. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated working history as coordinator in humanitarian projects within high-paced, volatile, and complex settings.
Start date: ASAP
Application deadline: 18th April 2021. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Successful candidates will be called for interviews as soon as possible.
Duration of Assignment: Minimum 6 months consecutively (possibility of extension)
- DiH’s finances, administration, hr follow up and activities/projects at the location.
- Management, training, and follow-up of current Volunteer Coordinator and large multicultural teams of volunteers
- On-site Crisis Management and preparedness
- Functioning as DiH´s official representative at site level and maintaining solid relations with other actors and authorities.
- Actively providing strategic feedback and establishing ground for partnerships
- Participation in meetings regarding migration and internal Coordination meetings
- Updating of context and reviewing programmes’ proposals as necessary
- Participation in the mission’s strategy and direction with context input
Tasks and duties include:
- Implementation and follow up of DiH routines (general and location specific)
- Initiating, presenting, and ensuring implementation (when approved) of new activities/projects
- In charge of preparedness and security management at the location, including emergency training, incident reporting and risk assessments
- Overseeing site finances and ensuring compliance with budget
- Reporting and maintaining overview of donations and fundraising at the location
- Induction of new coordinators
- 1:1 training, mentoring, supervision, and follow-up of all coordinators
- Weekly team meetings with coordinators on site
- Weekly meetings with closest line manager (Head of Operation Greece)
- Tracking and reporting of security incidents
- Evaluation of on-going projects (quarterly basis)
- Accounting of site finances (monthly basis)
- Represent DiH on site level and ensure strong and professional relations with all relevant partners, stakeholders, and colleagues at the location
- Actively participate in meetings under the direction of UNHCR/military/camp management/other NGOs and others
- Contribute to knowledge regarding DiH´s work on Lesvos through various channels, i.e social media
- 6 months relevant professional background/experience in migration, background in humanitarian law or similar.
- Fluent in Greek and having a Greek tax number
- Other context relevant languages (i.e. Farsi/Arabic/Pashto/Dari) are an advantage
- Experienced project manager, preferably within the humanitarian field
- Demonstrated history with Crisis Management and proven ability to work in high-paced and insecure environments
- Experience from humanitarian organisations, field work (refugee camps) and volunteer management in particular
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and service minded
- Experience with problem solving
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the refugee/humanitarian context in Greece
Applications (cover letter and resume) can be directed to email@example.com by no later than 18th April 2021. Please mark the e-mail as “APPLICATION: SITE COORDINATOR – LESVOS” and make sure to indicate your time availability (start and end-date). Please note that applications are considered on a rolling basis. Successful candidates will be called for interviews as soon as possible.